We value your investment and the success of your business is important to the City of Wausau, as of 2018 the City of Wausau has led, developed and/or supported:
- 1,000+ acres of the Wausau Business Campus industrial property, the only state-certified ‘shovel ready’ industrial site in Marathon County.
- 62 ‘public-private partnership’ development agreements tied directly to 700+ new jobs; average City participation 10% of total investment.
- 100 businesses directly assisted with loans, grants, infrastructure improvements for expansion.
- 12 Tax Increment Financing Districts- 9 current districts, only 9.26% of the City’s taxable land valuation is in a TIF district.
- $2.2mil in small business loans in partnership with MCDEVCO.
- $4mil+ investment in the establishment of our full time staffed incubator: the Wausau Entrepreneurial and Education Center.
- $17mil across 1,550 loans (commercial rehabilitation [21 projects], rental rehab [823 units], homeowner rehab [800 homes], and down payment assistance [432 homes])
- Redevelopment projects have included: Marathon Rubber, Wausau Center, Washington Square/Jefferson Street Inn, East Riverfront (Hammerblow/Cloverbelt Industries), Westside Battery, Wausau Club, Sav-O Supply, Riverside Place, Dudley Tower, Grand Ave Kwik Trip, Wausau World Market, 400 Block, Parkway 52, Stewart Ave, Sherman St, Thomas St, Westwood Drive/Rasmussen College, U&K Interchange, Roets Property, Rosemurgy Relocation, North Riverfront (Wausau Chemical/Great Lakes Cheese), Old Grand Ave Kmart, Old Wausau East Highschool, 703 Fulton Street, 1408 Bissell Street, Eastbay Sports Complex/Curling Way, Medical College of Wisconsin, constructed 14 in-fill new houses.